Metro Crowded, Fed Retirement, Cold Thanksgiving, Pajamas Media Archives
Metro Crowded, Fed Retirement, Cold Thanksgiving, Pajamas Media
If you're looking for elbow room when you ride the Metro during rush hour, you may be out of luck.
Metro officials say ridership is up considerably from the same time last year and the trains are only expected to get more crowded.
"Metro Rider? Learn to Mash In During the Rush," WTOP, November 21, 2005
In response to a congressional concern that federal employees need more help planning for retirement, the Office of Personnel Management is developing a "retirement readiness index profile" for government workers.
The readiness profile, which will be rolled out in late spring, will give employees age-based profiles that diagnose their state of readiness on various factors, including finances, that they should consider when planning for retirement.
"OPM to Prod Federal Employees to Get Cracking on Retirement Planning," by Stephen Barr, The Washington Post, November 21, 2005
The weather for the upcoming week isn't going to make many people happy. We start the week off with rain, then it turns windy and cold. No sunny, mild afternoons. Snow lovers may enjoy seeing the season's first flakes Thanksgiving morning but it's likely just to be a tease since it will change to rain and/or melt.
"The week ahead: White Thanksgiving?" by Jason Samenow, capitalweather, November 21, 2005
Pajamas Media / Open Source Media is hitting some rough water as it launches:
- including that there is a prior "Open Source Media"
- "OSM Name Games," problogger
- "But seriously, folks," BuzzMachine
- "The New Open Source Media (Pajamas Media) Has Begun -- But What Does It Mean? (UPDATE)," The Moderate Voice
- "Lest We Forget Roger Simon," Irritainted
- "Vaporware," The Talent Show
- "Taking the pajamas off," BuzzMachine
- "Beating Up On Pajamas Media,"
- "Sorry, But You’re Probably Not Going To Make Money With Pajamas Media (Happy Anniversary To Me)," Dennis The Peasant
- "Delusions of Grandeur," The World According to Nick
- "Taking off the Pajamas: now, what do you see?" Althouse
We'll just add that the Government Relations Blog Network, a mini-network on blogads, is still accepting members.
November 21, 2005 06:35 AM Living in DC
TrackBack URL for this entry: