For sale: hybrid bicycle - gas, electric, human. Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit (Subaru 4-stroke), mounted on Charger electric bike (whizzer) Archives
For sale: hybrid bicycle - gas, electric, human. Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit (Subaru 4-stroke), mounted on Charger electric bike (whizzer)
For sale: hybrid bicycle.
- Human: you
- Electric: Charger electric bike (black comfort model)
- Gas: Golden Eagle Bike Kit, Robin/Subaru 35cc four-stroke gasoline engine, centrifugal clutch, and belt drive (up to 200 mpg)
- Has been ridden less than 25 miles - basically new
- First 10 miles were ridden human/electric, last 15 miles human/gas (without the battery box on the bike)
- Ready to ride pedaling or gas (electric needs adjustment of sensor on rear wheel)
- 18" unisex Cro-Moly frame size (accommodates riders from 5'-3" to 6'-3")
- Can be ridden as a regular 7-speed bike with no power assist, just release the clutch on the gas engine (a simple lever with a knob on the side of the gas engine)
- The gas engine is separate from and does not power the electric motor (the electric motor has not been used since installing the gas at about 10 miles).
- No regenerative braking
- Top speed gas is 27-28 mph
- Tires are Kenda 26 x 2.10 (40-65 pounds psi) Nylon-Kevlar tires on double wall aluminum Weinmann Zack-16 rims
- Fenders with mud flaps
- Front reflector, rear flashing LED
- Bike weighs 56 pounds without battery box
- Battery box weighs 23 pounds
- Bike is very sturdy
- More details below
$775 cash (the Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit sells for $629 by itself, the Charger sells for $775). Includes delivery in Arlington, Alexandria, or DC. Monday-Friday: 703-739-3790, ext. 0; or email to hobnobblog -at- gmail.com
Listed on Craigslist DC
Left side without battery - Golden Eagle kit is mounted on back
Left side with battery on bike
Right side with battery on bike
Right side without battery
Left handlebar: rear brake lever and gas engine accelerator
35cc 4-stroke engine attached to wheel with drive belt (clutch is in the black enclosure on side of engine)
Right handlebar: front brake lever, shifter, and kill switch
Battery pack on ground next to bike
Battery pack with on-board charger
This is a Charger electric bike (color: black) that has the Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit added. (We're selling this as we got a Piaggio MP3 scooter.)
We're not particularly mechanically inclined anymore and we never got the electric part of the bike working at top speed because we could not keep the wheel sensor properly aligned. We could get it up to about 17 mph on flat streets using electric and human pedaling only (properly aligned it should have done 20 mph). With the gas engine, the bike does get up to almost 30 mph on flat streets. Have not used the electric since putting on the gas engine. This is a sturdy bike.
Charger Electric Bike
- Four power levels of assist
- Recharges on regular 110 volt power
- Electrically-assisted (stop pedaling, and the assist stops immediately)
- 2-chain drive system to ensure positive drive in all conditions
- 24-volt drive system
- On-board charging system (Smart 115 VAC to 24 VDC battery charger, 4 to 6 hr. charge.1st hr. to 80% capacity.)
- Battery-and-electronics pack is completely removable
- 20 miles per charge, 4 hour charge time
- Membrane key-pad: state of charge indicator, PIN power-up code, 4 level assist selector
- DC permanent magnet motor runs through pedal gearing for higher efficiency and power
- 0.5 Horse Power motor (sustained rating), peaks at 36 Amps (864 Watts)
- 7 speeds: Shimano Nexus 7 Speed Internal Gear Hub, with high power roller brake, Revo speed selector
- Dual purpose Nylon-Kevlar tires on double wall aluminum Weinmann Zack-16 rims
- 18" unisex frame size (accommodates riders from 5'-3" to 6'-3")
- Cro-Moly frame: stronger and more flexible than aluminum, yet just as light
Eagle Bike Engine Kit
A. Drive Ring B. Belt C. Lower Mount Strap D. Safety Cover E. Front Mount Strap F. Engine w/mount bracket & drive assembly G. Trigger Throttle, cable attached H. Kill Button, wire attached I. Oil - for 2-strokes only J. 4in1 Ring/Spoke/Gear Key K. Nuts, bolts, washers, Clutch Knob & Zip-Ties
Equipped with Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit, "the first and only geared belt drive bicycle assist engine on the market."
EHO35 35cc Robin/Subaru Mini-4 4-Stroke gasoline engine ($629 new). Includes Trail Gear ($25)
- 4-Stroke Robin Subaru engine, 35cc (highest quality and most reliable gas engine available)
- Belt Driven, with clutch
- Advanced Micro 4-Cycle OHV Design
- Because this is a 4-stroke engine, you do NOT mix oil
- Brand new, only driven a few times
- Up to 200 miles per gallon
- Top speed of 27-28 miles per hour
- Easy Starting: The Micro 4-cycle OHV design combined with an automatic decompression system provides an easy pull and reliable starting.
- Smooth Running: The unique lubrication system with a separate oil chamber ensures a smooth running engine
- Light and Compact: Introduced as the lightest and most compact 4-cycle engine its class. Robin SUBARU advanced technology pioneers compact engine design.
- Powerful and Responsive : The Micro 4-cycle OHV design delivers high torque and horsepower. Smooth throttle response and wide RPM range produces low end torque at Low rpm's.
- Clean and Fuel Efficient: The advanced Micro 4-cycle OHV design provides low emissions and high efficiency to meet both EPA phase2 and CARB tier II emission regulations.
- Quiet, Low Vibration: The Micro 4-cycle OHV design delivers smooth power with greatly reduced noise and lower tone. The well balanced design reduces vibration.
- "Golden Eagle Bike Engine: 250 mpg bicycle assist motor," Cool Tools, August 28, 2006
- "A bike, an engine and a man who doesn't have to pedal," by Jason Schreiber, New Hampshire Union Leader, May 30, 2008
- "Less than one dollar to fill his tank," by Jeanne Visser, Sioux County Index-Reporter, May 21, 2008
- "Geekfuelery: Saving Gas Update," January 22, 2008
- "Charger Electric Bike: Product Review," by Jay L., Associated Content, April 17, 2007
- "Bike built for mileage," by John Miller, The Nashville News, June 9, 2006
- "The 175 Watt Solution," by Forbes Bagatelle-Black, EV World, October 10, 2006
- "How To Install A Motor On A Bike," Popular Science, March 2004
- "Golden Eagle cyclemotor," by Frank Auton, The Moped Archive, February 2004
- Motorbicycling.com - Motorized Bicycle Forum
- MotoredBikes.com - "The internet's largest motorized bicycle forum."
- Motorized bicycle - from Wikipedia
- "Electric Bikes," Hobnob Blog, September 9, 2007
- Whizzer Motorbikes
- Golden Eagle Bike Engine Motor For Bicycle - blog
June 22, 2008 03:37 PM For Sale