This Week in DC Reviews - February 10, 2006 Archives
This Week in DC Reviews - February 10, 2006
Periodically, we will publish This Week in DC Reviews, a roundup of reviews of DC-area restaurants, with quick links to DC-area restaurant reviews and mentions from the previous seven days in blogs, magazines, and newspapers.
For a roundup of New York City restaurant reviews from NYC food bloggers and media, see This Week in NYC Reviews at A Guy In New York.
- Le Cuvee Americain: The American Blend says Cafe La Ruche "was delightful!" ... serves "simple, basic, traditional foods—sort of the equivalent of a French diner." ... "Their simple food is delicious and best of all, the prices are extremely, surprisingly reasonable." ... web site, 1039 31st Street NW, 202-965-2684 [Washingtonian | WaPo | City Paper | food-plan | Citysearch]
- You Gonna Eat All That? is glad they tried Gamasot ... had the seolleong-tang (soup) and bi bim bop ... "soup came out in a nice sized stone pot. It was loaded with noodles and sliced beef. It's usually garnished with salt and sliced green onion which were already on the table when we arrived. Biscuit rating = 5 biscuits!" ... the bi bim bop "came out sizzling like crazy. A bed of rice with veggies and some ground beef placed on top followed by an raw egg dropped on top of everything. The heat of the pot and it's contents actually cook the egg ... Nice. Biscuit rating = 4 biscuits ... probably the best I've had of all the Korean places I've tried." ... web site, 6963 Hechinger Drive, Springfield, VA, 703-256-0780 [Korean DC]
- Tom Sietsema recommends "5 Fun Places to Say, 'I Love You'" ... Ching Ching Cha: "best of the bunch: steamed dumplings stuffed with lamb and cabbage; peanuts tossed with star anise and peppercorns; and curried beef sealed in a packet of puff pastry" ... 1063 Wisconsin Avenue NW, 202-333-8288 [food-plan | City Paper] ... Hank's Oyster Bar: "takes its bivalves seriously" ... web site, 1624 Q Street NW, 202-462-4265 [Washingtonian | WaPo | City Paper | Don Rockwell | Gayot] ... Bistrot Lepic the Wine Bar: "Whereas the ground-floor dining room in Georgetown is bright and snug, the second-story lounge is dim and cozy, arranged with chairs that seem to wrap themselves around you and low tables for holding cocktails or 'appeteasers.'" ... web site, 1736 Wisconsin Avenue NW, 202-333-0111 [Washingtonian | NYT | City Paper | Don Rockwell] ... Elevation Burger: "its main draw [is] organic kobe beef, which is nicely seasoned, grilled to retain a juicy center and slipped in a soft yellow bun. Following the same philosophy are the skinny french fries, cooked in heart-healthy olive oil and tasting of real spuds. The milkshakes, on the other hand, are the real deal: rich, thick and served with a fat straw" ... (previous reviews: Hobnob Blog, the kitchenette and dcist (TWIR, November 25, 2005), Tarting It Up (TWIR, November 18, 2005)) ... web site, 442 South Washington Street, Falls Church, VA [City Paper | Chowhound | Don Rockwell] ... Faccia Luna in Old Town: "I welcome the wooden booths for two, the backs of which are high enough to prevent your eyes from roving away from your companion's. The pizzas are pretty good, too." ... web site, 823 South Washington Street, Alexandria, VA, 703-838-5998 [Washingtonian | City Paper | openlist | Gayot]
- Worth the Trip says it's worth the trip to Sette Bello for the the "pizzetta con tonno crudo: grilled pizza dough topped with a lemon-infused mascarpone sauce, sliced tomato and tuna topped with sliced jalapeños, thin circles of red onion and a scattering of salt" ... (previous reviews: dcfud (TWIR, November 25, 2005), Tom Sietsema (TWIR, November 11, 2005)) ... web site, 3101 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA, 703-351-1004 [WaPo | City Paper | Don Rockwell]
- a capitol life went to Acadiana ... "I can safely say we will probably not return." ... (previous reviews: Erin Hartigan (TWIR, January 6, 2006), D.C. Foodies (TWIR, December 16, 2005)) ... web site, 901 New York Avenue NW, 202-408-8848 [WaPo | City Paper | Don Rockwell | openlist | Gayot]
Did we miss your favorite DC restaurant review?
Let us know: hobnobblog -at- gmail.com ... we're especially interested in hearing from DC bloggers ...
Technorati Tags: washington, dc, washington-dc, restaurants, restaurant reviews, this week in reviews, week in reviews
February 10, 2006 11:27 AM Dining
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference This Week in DC Reviews - February 10, 2006:
» This Week in DC Reviews - March 10, 2006 from Hobnobblog
Periodically, we will publish This Week in DC Reviews, a roundup of reviews of DC-area restaurants, with quick links to DC-area restaurant reviews and mentions from the previous seven days in blogs, magazines, and newspapers. For a roundup of New... [Read More]