The Hill’s 2006 list of the “50 Most Beautiful People on Capitol Hill” has only two journalists on it:
– Peggy Chang, congressional reporter, Voice of America
– Megyn Kendall, correspondent, Fox News
“Washington is a Hollywood for ugly people. Hollywood is a Washington for the simpleminded.” — John McCain (2003)
“If Hollywood is high school with money, and Washington is Hollywood for ugly people, what can viewers expect when Sarah Jessica Parker comes to D.C.?” by Jason Anthony, Hollywood Reader, Publishers Weekly, August 15, 2005
“DC is like ‘high school with twice the stress and all of the infighting’,” Hobnob Blog, October 23, 2005
“Politics is Hollywood for Ugly People? KSGers Dispel Myth,” by Mark Canavera, The Citizen, May 18, 2006
Washington Schlepped Here: Walking in the Nation’s Capital
Power, Privilege and the Post: The Katharine Graham Story
The Georgetown Ladies’ Social Club: Power, Passion, and Politics in the Nation’s Capital
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Preparing and Delivering Congressional Testimony and Oral Presentations, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
Testifying Before Congress
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our on-site training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, 874-4, for custom on-site training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™