Media Tip 65 Archives
Media Tip 65
Media Tip 65:
Abide by the following rules to get e-newsletters read:
• Keep the content subject-oriented, not self congratulatory;
• Build a relationship with the receiver with a unique sender email address and a unique or helpful subject line;
• Keep email short--no more than three screens;
• Link to the web site;
• Provide details not available in off-line media;
• Send emails frequently--no more than one month apart;
• Strive to provide HTML versions; and
• Avoid spamming. Encourage receivers to “opt-in” to receive the e-newsletters.
This tip is from our booklet, Media Relations Tips: 102 Secrets for Finding Success in Public Relations.
Practical tips for anyone who works with the media, works with someone who works with the media, or who works at an organization that is covered in the media. An easy handout for everyone in your group to make sure that they are prepared and confident if they ever have to deal with the media.
Based on the Media Relations Handbook, by Brad Fitch.
The cover and inside pages of this booklet can be customized with your logo and information. For more information, see our Booklets page.
January 23, 2008 07:07 AM Tips and Terms