Faculty Favorites: Dining and Places - Bryan Hubbard Archives
Faculty Favorites: Dining and Places - Bryan Hubbard
We asked our faculty and authors to share with us some of their favorite things about living in our nation's capital. Their responses are posted in "Faculty Favorites"
Bryan Hubbard (bio) shares his favorites.
Five most interesting places to visit
- The Library of Congress is underrated. web site, 101 Independence Ave, SE, Washington, DC, 202-707-5000.
- The National Cathedral is fascinating. web site, Massachusetts and Wisconsin Avenues, NW, Washington, DC, 202-537-6200.
- Great Falls Park Maryland side. Who knew there was that much nature that close to DC? web site, 11710 MacArthur Blvd., Potomac, MD, 301-767-3714.
- The National Zoo in the spring-wow! web site, 3001 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, DC, 202-633-4800.
- Udvar-Hazy Annex of the National Air and Space Museum, an adrenaline-history junkie's dream. web site, 6th and Independence, SW, Washington, DC, 202-633-1000.
Five most favorite “fun” things to do
- Bike the C&O Canal path. web site, Directions to six visitors centers 301-739-4200.
- Fly fish the many rivers and streams within one hour.
- Ride a motorcycle around the memorials and along the Potomac. National Mall and Memorial Parks web site, Potomac River web site.
- Spend an evening on Barracks Row or in Chinatown. Barracks Row web site, Chinatown Wikipedia entry, Barracks Row directions, 733 1/2 8th Street, SE, Washington, DC, 202-544-3188.
- Go to a Nationals game. web site, Nationals Park, 1500 South Capitol Street, SE Washington, DC.
Five favorite restaurants
- Pizzeria Paradiso web site, DuPont Circle location, 2029 P Street NW, Washington, DC,202-223-1245, Georgetown location, 3282 M Street NW, Washington, DC,202-337-1245 [WaPo | Washingtonian | Yelp]
- Belga Cafe web site, 6514 8th Street, SE, Washington, DC, 202-544-0100. [WaPo | Washingtonian | Yelp]
- Filomena web site, 1063 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 202-338-8800 [WaPo | Yelp]
- Capital Grille web site, 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 202-737-6200. [WaPo | Washingtonian | Yelp]
- Finn MacCool's web site, 713 8th St SE Washington, DC, 202-547-7100. [WaPo | Washingtonian | Yelp]
For more, also see our Visiting Washington DC pages