Media Tip 97 Archives
Media Tip 97
Media Tip 97:
The eight mistakes to avoid in a crisis are:
• Ignoring the problem and not changing priorities.
• Not adjusting the decision-making apparatus and team.
• Letting lawyers direct the public relations policy.
• Allowing systemic crises to become image crises.
• Withholding information.
• Not correcting errors immediately.
• Using the wrong spokesperson.
• Not being honest.
This tip is from our booklet, Media Relations Tips: 102 Secrets for Finding Success in Public Relations.
Practical tips for anyone who works with the media, works with someone who works with the media, or who works at an organization that is covered in the media. An easy handout for everyone in your group to make sure that they are prepared and confident if they ever have to deal with the media.
Based on the Media Relations Handbook, by Brad Fitch.
The cover and inside pages of this booklet can be customized with your logo and information. For more information, see our Booklets page.
April 29, 2008 08:37 AM Tips and Terms