Faculty Favorites: Dining and Places - Jack Schenendorf Archives
Faculty Favorites: Dining and Places - Jack Schenendorf
We asked our faculty and authors to share with us some of their favorite things about living in our nation's capital. Their responses are posted in "Faculty Favorites"
Jack Schenendorf (bio) shares his favorites.
Five most interesting places to visit
- The Capitol, web site, 101 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC.
- National Archives, web site, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 202-357-5450.
- The National Portrait Gallery, web site, 8th St NW and F Street NW, Washington, DC, 202-633-8300.
- The Holocaust Museum, web site, 100 Raoul Wallenberg Place, SW Washington, DC, 202-488–0400.
- Union Station, web site, 50 Massachusetts Avenue, NE Washington, DC, 202-289-1908.
Five most favorite “fun” things to do
- Paddle Boats on the Tidal Basin, web site, 1501 Maine Ave, SW, Washington, DC, 202-479-2426.
- Attend a Nationals game, web site, Nationals Park, 1500 South Capitol Street, SE Washington, DC.
- Go to the Verizon Center for any sporting event. web site, 7th St NW & F St NW, Washington, DC, 202-628-3200.
- Take a tour of Georgetown. web site, Georgetown, Washington, DC.
- Walk along the National Mall. web site, National Mall, Washington, DC.
Five favorite restaurants
- Old Ebbitt Grill, web site, 675 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005 202-347-4800, [WaPo | Washingtonian | Yelp]
- Bullfeathers, web site, 410 1st St SE, Washington, DC 20003, 202-543-5005 [WaPo | Yelp]
- Oceanaire, web site, 1201 F St NW, Washington, DC 20004, 202-347-2277 [Hobnonb Blog | WaPo | Washingtonian | Yelp]
- Clyde's Georgetown, web site, 3236 M St NW, Washington, DC 20007, 202-333-9180 [WaPo | Washingtonian | Yelp]
- Clyde's Gallery Place, web site, 707 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001, 202-349-3700 [WaPo | Washingtonian | Yelp]
For more, also see our Visiting Washington DC pages