The Manolo he recommends the shoes for Congressional pages Archives
The Manolo he recommends the shoes for Congressional pages
I am a Congressional page and I’m in need of comfortable, yet stylish, black shoes. Our uniform is a navy blazer with grey slacks or a skirt (with which we have to wear nude or black hose). I’m open to almost anything that looks cute.
Manolo says, ayyyyy! One minute you are sitting in your sophomore social studies class, reading about the founding geniuses, John Adams and George Washington, and the next, thanks to the help of your Uncle Don the politically active scrap metal baron, you are in the Senate cloakroom fighting off the inappropriate fumblings of the senior senator from the Great State of Inebriation.
Read the whole thing: "Manolo the Columnist," Manolo’s Shoe Blog, May 2, 2008
More About Congressional Pages
- "Guide for Congressional Pages"
- T-shirt: Congressional Totem Pole (as Drawn by a Former House Page)
- What's the deal with . . . Congressional Pages?
- Senate Pages
- The U.S. House of Representatives Page Program
- "Pages of the United States Congress: Selection, Duties, and Program Administration," by Mildred Amer, CRS Report for Congress 98-758, May 21, 2008 (3-page pdf )
- "Pages of the United States Congress: History, Background Information, and Proposals for Change," by Mildred Amer, CRS Report for Congress RL33685, February 6, 2007 (13-page pdf )
- United States House of Representatives Page Program - from Wikipedia
- United States Senate Page Program - from Wikipedia
June 30, 2008 07:57 PM Caught Our Eye