Capitol Hill Workshop: Politics, Policy, and Process Archives
Capitol Hill Workshop: Politics, Policy, and Process
From Congressional Quarterly (CQ) and TheCapitol.Net
|Capitol Hill Workshop:
Politics, Policy, and Process
Intensive 3-day congressional operations workshop
Learn how Capitol Hill really works.
|This Congressional Quarterly Executive Conference is offered exclusively by TheCapitol.Net|
Congressional decision-making is driven by politics, policy and process. In this engaging workshop, Washington-based experts discuss these 3 P's and help you understand the complete policy-making process.
Our next Capitol Hill Workshop, scheduled for September 24-26, 2008, is for anyone whose work requires that they have a broad understanding of Congress and Capitol Hill.
In 3 days, this workshop covers
- Congressional operations and the legislative process
- How public policy and foreign policy become law
- Congressional politics and leadership
- Congressional budgeting today
- The role of OMB in the legislative process
- Effective communication with Congres
- The current trends in campaigns and elections
- How personal and committee staff work
- How you can build win/win relationships with staffers
Q&A with all faculty throughout.
- September 24-26, 2008
- 8:30 am to 4:00 pm each day
- See web site for locations.
For more information, see www.CapitolHillWorkshop.com.