Assorted Links 2/2/09 Archives
Assorted Links 2/2/09
New Media Douchebags in Plain English (from Cinnamon Pants)
First and foremost, we believe that politics--a rotten, zero-sum game in which the winners rub the losers' face in dog shit like a schoolyard bully--should not be the primary focus of human activity. It should be squeezed into the smallest box possible so that individuals and the communities they form can get on with far more interesting and exciting and liberatory stuff.
Second, you need to keep a close eye on the adult version of the student council presidents and the bright boys who know the one best way to do anything and will force you to live their way or the highway.
"INTERVIEW: Nick Gillespie," by Russ Smith, SpliceToday, January 30, 2009
- The New Congress 2009: Understanding The 111th Congress, February 10, 2009
- Capitol Hill Workshop: Politics, Policy, and Process, February 11-13, 2009
- The President's Budget, February 24, 2009
- The Defense Budget, February 27, 2009
- 23 of The Hottest Gadgets and Technologies from 2008
- H.R. 1, The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Cost per person: $1,382.01 (yes, that's your share)
- On Capitol Hill, Twitter is Catching On
- Reinventing the Corporate War Room
- When Smoke Detectors Talk, People Listen
- Gaza cameraman burned - literally
- Transcript of Peres speech at World Economic Forum in Davos
- NYC: Rents "Falling Fast"
- Only the Little People Pay Taxes
- Twitteree Recommendations Wanted
- Office Space in 30 seconds, re-enacted by bunnies.
- "Twilight" in 30 seconds by Bunnies
- Valley Buzz: Dell's MePhone, Tesla's Financial Woes, Zuckerberg's Tie and Google's Evil Act Caught on Tape
- Jimmy Wales Quietly Launches Wikianswers
- Yes, Artists Build On The Works Of Others... So Why Is It Sometimes Infringement?
- Google Chocolate Factory leaks (more) GDrive talk: Oompa Loompa 'monitors' your clicks
- Effective Ways To Backup Important Data
- Unemployment Forecast
- Kerry Dougherty Makes Fat Jokes
- E-books, DRM and those vanishing malls
- Game Day: 1925
- Davos09: Open Bank
- Obama honeymoon watch V
. . . . . . . . .
February 2, 2009 08:57 AM Caught Our Eye