Assorted Links 4/16/09 Archives
Assorted Links 4/16/09
They laughed when she stood up to… sing
- Congressional Dynamics and the Legislative Process, April 22, 2009
- Media Relations for Public Affairs Professionals, May 5, 2009
- Advanced Media Relations, May 6, 2009
- Crisis Communications Training, May 7, 2009
- Understanding Congressional Budgeting and Appropriations, May 13, 2009
- Working with Congress and Congressional Staff: Communicating Effectively with Capitol Hill, May 15, 2009
- Public Affairs and the Internet: Advanced Techniques and Strategies, May 19, 2009
- OpenSecrets.org releases 200 million government data records
- Conflict at the FEC
- Mortgage Fraud on TV
- Six Banks to Receive up to $9.9 Billion for Mortgage Modifications
- "It appears that both the Great Depression and the current crisis had their origins in excessive consumer debt -- especially mortgage debt -- that was transmitted into the financial sector during a sharp downturn."
- The Ungoverned Space Moves to Sea; Clinton Outlines Response - "The solution must ultimately lie ashore. 'We can’t continue to have the Navy floating around without some political direction,' [Martin] Murphy says, adding more ships offshore is not going to solve the Somalia as pirate safe-haven problem, the area is fast becoming another sanctuary for not only criminal gangs but Islamic extremism, similar to the tribal areas along the Afghan-Pakistan border."
- McKinsey: adopt the cloud, lose money. Virtualize your datacenter instead.
- Questions that are rarely asked: Is euchre making a comeback?
- Great liars of the law
- The Tax-Defying DC Detective
- If You Work For The IRS, You Better Pay Your Taxes. If You Run The IRS, Not So Much.
- Livio Radio: Pandora Streaming Without the Computer
- A Buyer's Guide to Wi-Fi Internet Radio Receivers
- Pandora Internet Radio
- The death of a block
- CycleKarting: Extreme Vintage Go-Karting
April 16, 2009 06:37 AM Caught Our Eye