Assorted Links 4/27/09 Archives
Assorted Links 4/27/09
“Everything is amazing; nobody is happy.” Louis C.K.
Thus spake Hegel
- Media Relations for Public Affairs Professionals, May 5, 2009
- Advanced Media Relations, May 6, 2009
- Crisis Communications Training, May 7, 2009
- Understanding Congressional Budgeting and Appropriations, May 13, 2009
- Working with Congress and Congressional Staff: Communicating Effectively with Capitol Hill, May 15, 2009
- Public Affairs and the Internet: Advanced Techniques and Strategies, May 19, 2009
- NetVideoHunter Downloads Videos From Popular Video Sharing Sites
- More Delusion on the High-End
- What a difference being responsible makes.
- Brad Smith for the Defense (of Deadlocks) [at the FEC]
- The capital well is running dry and some economies will wither: "The world is running out of capital. We cannot take it for granted that the global bond markets will prove deep enough to fund the $6 trillion or so needed for the Obama fiscal package, US-European bank bail-outs, and ballooning deficits almost everywhere. "
- 4 Things to Consider Before You Try to Join the Amish
- We've only chlorinated our water for a hundred years
- A Tree (and Fruits and Veggies) Grow in Detroit
- On Pelosi's Duplicity and Apparent Sandbagging of Elizabeth Warren
- Marines Equipment Woes Increasing Problem
- The UN’s Epic Fail in Geneva
- Is America now an exceptionally bad country?
- Editorial: Nostalgia Ain’t What It Used to Be. Or Is It?
- Confessions of a Contrarian
- After mass security lapse, RBS Worldpay gets IRS contract - "RBS Worldpay - the electronic payment processor that admitted it exposed sensitive financial records for millions of customers - has been awarded a contract by the Internal Revenue Service to process tax return payments next year."
- From Jingle Of Coins To Jingle Of Jail Keys - "Imagine $170,000. Now imagine that much in quarters and nickels and dimes. That's how much money Alexandria [VA] police say William J. Fell stole, canister by canister, from his job as a parking meter repairman over about a year"
- The Mansion: A Subprime Parable
- Fake Facts on Twitter
- Individuals and History, by Riz Din
- Promoting Webinars With Twitter - "I hate Twitter.... I find Twitter to be the present-day equivalent of a fictional anecdote from “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams. The only way the Belcerebon race could deal with the curse of telepathy that was imposed upon them was to talk endlessly about utter trivia. And thus it is with Facebook walls and personal tweets."
- Dell Vostro A90: The cheapest Macbook Mini? - "The Dell Inspiron Mini 9 is one of the easiest netbooks to install OS X on."
- Swine Flu Pandemic Would Cost Trillions
- Sticking it to the streets of New York--and elsewhere
- Take Aerial Photos with a DIY Kite Camera Timer
- Not *Every* Children's Book Needs A Film Adaptation
- Easy web-based alarm: OnlineClock
- A Basic Checklist for Computer Security
- Come to our Contemporary Worship - We promise to keep the God stuff down to, like, five minutes tops.
- Scientists create super strong spider silk... using metal
April 27, 2009 07:27 AM Caught Our Eye