Assorted Links 4/7/09 Archives
Assorted Links 4/7/09
A Tiny Lightbulb from Luxim Has Great Medical Future
- Congressional Dynamics and the Legislative Process, April 22, 2009
- Media Relations for Public Affairs Professionals, May 5, 2009
- Advanced Media Relations, May 6, 2009
- Crisis Communications Training, May 7, 2009
- Understanding Congressional Budgeting and Appropriations, May 13, 2009
- Working with Congress and Congressional Staff: Communicating Effectively with Capitol Hill, May 15, 2009
- Public Affairs and the Internet: Advanced Techniques and Strategies, May 19, 2009
- Compare LED Lights
- Turn Storage Containers into Self Watering Tomato Planters
- Shorting Reason
- The Future of Our Cities: Open, Crowdsourced, and Participatory
- Stealing Commodities
- From Bubble to Depression?
- Repair Manifesto
- Confessions Of A Recovering Leaf Blower Addict
- Comments on Criticism of Cato [Global Warming] Ad
- Franken-Coleman gravy train rides on
- Just A Friendly Reminder… - back up your data
- Designer Threatened With Copyright Infringement Claims... On His Own Work
- Why "Voting With Your Feet" in a Federal System Benefits the Poor More than the Rich
- Announcing the 2011 Obama Sedan - also see "The Pelosi GTxi SS/RT, Take 2"
- Larry Summers, Tim Geithner and Wall Street's ownership of government
Last night, former Reagan-era S&L regulator and current University of Missouri Professor Bill Black was on Bill Moyers' Journal and detailed the magnitude of what he called the on-going massive fraud, the role Tim Geithner played in it before being promoted to Treasury Secretary (where he continues to abet it), and -- most amazingly of all -- the crusade led by Alan Greenspan, former Goldman CEO Robert Rubin (Geithner's mentor) and Larry Summers in the late 1990s to block the efforts of top regulators (especially Brooksley Born, head of the Commodities Futures Trading Commission) to regulate the exact financial derivatives market that became the principal cause of the global financial crisis. To get a sense for how deep and massive is the on-going fraud and the key role played in it by key Obama officials, I highly recommend watching that Black interview (it can be seen here and the transcript is here).
. . .
Just think about how this works. People like Rubin, Summers and Gensler shuffle back and forth from the public to the private sector and back again, repeatedly switching places with their GOP counterparts in this endless public/private sector looting. When in government, they ensure that the laws and regulations are written to redound directly to the benefit of a handful of Wall St. firms, literally abolishing all safeguards and allowing them to pillage and steal. Then, when out of government, they return to those very firms and collect millions upon millions of dollars, profits made possible by the laws and regulations they implemented when in government. Then, when their party returns to power, they return back to government, where they continue to use their influence to ensure that the oligarchical circle that rewards them so massively is protected and advanced. This corruption is so tawdry and transparent -- and it has fueled and continues to fuel a fraud so enormous and destructive as to be unprecedented in both size and audacity -- that it is mystifying that it is not provoking more mass public rage.
- Traffic: Deal With It. Hanoi Style
- Retiring Public-Sector Retirement Plans
- Top 10 Home Office Hacks
- Tekkeon MP3450 Power Station Review
- Brunton Solaris 26 Solar Panel Review
- Chlorine in Our Drinking Water - A Cause For Concern
April 7, 2009 08:47 AM Caught Our Eye