Assorted Links 6/1/09 Archives
Assorted Links 6/1/09
Beniamino Gigli - O sole mio
How The Lock Industry Put Its Head In The Sand, Rather Than Deal With Vulnerabilities To Locks
The Ultimate Lock Picker Hacks Pentagon, Beats Corporate Security for Fun and Profit
- Congress in a Nutshell: Understanding Congress, June 4, 2009
- Congressional Dynamics and the Legislative Process, June 5, 2009
- Capitol Hill Workshop, June 10-12, 2009
- Tracking and Monitoring Legislation: How to Find and Use Congressional Documents, June 25, 2009 - with WiFi Classroom
- How to Research and Compile Legislative Histories, June 26, 2009 - with WiFi Classroom
- Be careful what you wish for - "Suppose you have a crystal ball, and are given one peak at the future, say May 2011. But you are only allowed to look at one variable--and it’s not the Dow, it’s the fed funds rate. Now suppose I tell you the following, it will be one of these two numbers:
Long time readers of this blog will note that I continually harp on the idea that what matters isn’t the current setting of monetary policy, but rather the expected future path of policy. "
- Property Rights Cases are Not "Pro-Business" vs. "Anti-Business" Cases
- Bailout Watch 541: Treasury Gives New Chrysler $6.6 Billion; Bailout Tally Tops $100 Billion
- A wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences - "I like to tell people that I grew up in a working class neighborhood in Detroit and that my father made his living with his hands. Both statements are true, but not the whole truth. When I was 11, we moved to Bloomfield Township (a high income suburb) and my father is a surgeon."
- The ultimate travel guide isn’t a Blackberry, iPhone or even a guidebook; it’s the people you meet
- Spontaneous combustion, vampires, and goitrogens - "What do the following have in common: - Lima beans - Flaxseed - Broccoli - Cabbage - Kale - Soy - Millet - Sorghum?"
- Here Comes World Government
- Marines vs Taliban
- CRE: See-Through Buildings on the Beltway
- May 29, 2009 Right-Wing Comment of the Day
- Beniamino Gigli
- Alt-A Foreclosures in Sonoma - "Since a majority of the sellers in low priced areas are lenders (DataQuick reported 57.1 percent of sales in Sonoma in March were foreclosure resales), there will be few buyers for these Alt-A foreclosures. "
- Stuff Journalists Like: #48 desk dining
- Zune HD Official: Multi-Touch, OLED and… Radio?
- Dangerous home experiments: Theo Gray's Mad Science
- On rebooting Star Trek
- Mining for Concise Tech Tutorials on wikiHow
- A Triglyceride-Neuropathy Connection? - "A routine blood test for triglycerides, used as a screening tool to determine whether a person is at risk of developing cardiovascular disease, may also be a useful predictor of nerve damage, according to a recent study in the journal Diabetes."
- Excellent List of Online Historical U.S. & English Electronic Sources
- Autobiography of BS: How I Violated the One China Principle
- Could netbooks with ePaper screens spell the death of single purpose eBook readers?
June 1, 2009 08:07 AM Caught Our Eye