Assorted Links 6/5/09 Archives
Assorted Links 6/5/09
A Vision of Students Today
I'm a fan of anthropologist Dr. Michael Wesch
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||M - Th 11p / 10c|
Daily Show: The BiG Mess
- Capitol Hill Workshop, June 10-12, 2009
- Tracking and Monitoring Legislation: How to Find and Use Congressional Documents, June 25, 2009 - with WiFi Classroom
- How to Research and Compile Legislative Histories, June 26, 2009 - with WiFi Classroom
- New Terror Attack Continues Troubling Pattern
- GM Keeping In-House Lobbyists
- Educational bankruptcy
- What kind of iodine do you take?
- The Party of Nixon - "The message, I take it, is that the damn hippy kids can appoint bisexual robot Latinas to the Supreme Court and tell GM to make cars that run on fairy kisses as long as they know the Serious People will continue to control the power that matters. All signs point to Obama going along, which, as Nixon knew, is what you can expect from self-impressed Ivy League assholes."
- Reports: Bleak state budgets through 2011 - "Even if the national recession ends this year as many predict, state budgets will likely be in the red for the next two years, with budget gaps topping $230 billion as tax collections of sales, personal and corporate income lag...."
- If Only His Bootstraps Were Made of Red Tape
- Public defender offices are in crisis nationwide
- The Next Bubble - "It has been the habit of the United States, in its capacity as a nation of investors and consumers with a highly developed sense of entitlement when it comes to returns and little or no tolerance for corrections of any kind, to sate the appetite of the cult of buoyancy by inflating various bubbles."
- Fiscal Disorder: The broken budget process and the dire need for reform
- Sunlight maps Visclosky's 'pay-to-play' earmarks
- Benefit Spending Hits $2Trillion, Highest Percent Since 1929; One Dollar Out of Every Six From Vouchers
- Black Wave: a book worth $1 million - "Have you been considering saving up some money, selling your house, and retiring to a 55-foot catamaran for a round-the-world trip? If so, reading Black Wave by John and Jean Silverwood should save you approximately $1 million. "
- Is the U.S. "One of the Largest Muslim Countries in the World"?
- College rankings: Did Clemson play fair in quest to be the best?
- Protect Your Income Before It’s Too Late
- GooGone: Vanishing goo - "GooGone is a liquid that helps remove adhesive residues. I've been using it for years to clean off the adhesive residue left from stickers, labels, tape, etc."
- Plantronics Voyager PRO Bluetooth Headset Sounds Like a Winner
- Weber Grilling Goodness
- How to Lose Weight by Eating More
- The Art of the Schmooze - "Marketing is Not Advertising: Ben Franklin once said that the Constitution only guarantees you the right to the pursuit of happiness, you have to catch it yourself. In other words, don't wait for opportunities to happen, make them happen. Whatever type of law you practice, networking should be a part of your business development plan. I'm not talking about Facebook or Twitter social networking here. "
- Undelete Plus 3.0 can get that file back | Crave - CNE
- Google expects 18-20 Android handsets this year
- Here’s what’s wrong with the Palm Pre
- Pre Is Not Competing with the iPhone
June 5, 2009 07:17 AM Caught Our Eye