Capitol Hill Workshop, live workshop in Washington, DC Archives
Capitol Hill Workshop, live workshop in Washington, DC
Congressional decision-making is driven by politics, policy and process. In this engaging workshop, Washington-based experts discuss these 3 P's and help you understand the complete policy-making process.
You’ll get a solid understanding of:
- Congressional operations and the legislative process
- How public and foreign policy become law
- Congressional politics and leadership
- Congressional budgeting today
- The role of OMB in the legislative process
- Effective communication with Congress
- How the media covers the Hill
- Current campaign and election trends
- How members of Congress advance their legislative, public policy and political agendas
- How personal and committee staff work
- How you can build win/win relationships with staffers
Attend a congressional hearing and see the process in action.
June 9-11, 2010, 8:30 am - 4 pm all three days.
Where: In Washington, DC
For more information, including agenda and secure online registration, see CapitolHillWorkshop.com
For over 30 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been training professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs on the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our training courses, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, research, business etiquette, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan firm.
May 25, 2010 06:17 PM