The Council of Economic Advisers and Policymaking
Keith Hennessey has an excellent discussion from 2010 of the organization of the economic policy team inside the White House.
I think I can instead add a little value by describing the different positions that make up the President’s economic team, and in particular by explaining the roles of the heads of the National Economic Council and the Council of Economic Advisers. The NEC is run by Dr. Larry Summers, while Dr. Romer is the outgoing CEA Chair.
:Roles of the President’s White House economic advisors,” KeithHennessey.com, August 8, 2010
- National Economic Council – FederalRegister.gov
- Council of Economic Advisers – The White House
- National Economic Council – Wikipedia
- Executive Office of the President – US Govt Manual
- President’s Budget (CongressionalGlossary.com)
- “Congressional Liaison Offices of Selected Federal Agencies,” CRS Report 98-446 (47-page PDF)
- “Presidential Appointments to Full-Time Positions in Independent and Other Agencies During the 114th Congress,” CRS Report R45028 (xx-page PDF)
- “U.S. Trade Policy Primer: Frequently Asked Questions,” CRS Report R45148 (62-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Preparing and Delivering Congressional Testimony and Oral Presentations, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
Testifying Before Congress
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™