In this engaging workshop and seminar on legislative operations, Washington-based experts focus on these 3 P’s. They discuss the policy-making process and the legislative agenda, help you understand the congressional budget process, and demystify the culture of the U.S. Congress.
You will leave this workshop with a solid understanding of:
- Congressional operations and the legislative process
- How public and foreign policy become law
- Congressional politics and leadership
- Congressional budgeting today
- The role of OMB in the legislative process
- Effective communication with Congress
- The 112th Congress
You will attend a congressional hearing and see the process in action.
Plus outstanding course materials – materials include the then-available Congressional Directory, the Training Edition of Persuading Congress, and the Training Edition of the award-winning Congressional Deskbook.
This congressional briefing workshop is designed for executives, federal employees GS-13 and above, military officers, supervisory personnel, and Leadership Development participants, to meet these leadership competencies: Strategic Vision, Planning and Quality; Identifying/Integrating Key Issues; Setting Work Priorities; Balancing National/Local Interests; Problem Anticipation/Adjustment; Managing Budgetary Processes; and Senior Level Communication.
Approved for 1.7 CEUs from George Mason University.
June 15-17, 2011, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm all three days
Where: Washington, DC
More information and secure online registration: CapitolHillWorkshop.com
This course and any combination of its topics can be tailored for custom on-site presentation at your location.
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Preparing and Delivering Congressional Testimony and Oral Presentations, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
Testifying Before Congress
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™