From the Congressional Glossary – Including Legislative and Budget Terms
photo credit: neelaka
All budgetary accounts other than those designated by law as off-budget. On-budget entities are federal agencies and programs that are fully reflected in the totals of the president’s budget and the congressional budget resolution.
Also see Nonbudgetary; Off-Budget / Off-Budget Entities / On-Budget Entities; Outlay; President’s Budget; Trust Fund Expenditure Account under Trust Fund Accounts under Account in the President’s Budget; Unified Budget; § 7.02 Federal Budgeting Concepts and Terminology, § 7.50 Congressional Budget Process, in Congressional Deskbook.
- “‘Real’ Federal Deficit Four Times Official Number,” by Jason Sorens, Pileus, June 5, 2012
- Budget of the United States Government
- House Committee On The Budget
- Senate Budget Committee
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Downsizing the Federal Government – Cato
- The Debt to the Penny and Who Holds It – Treasury Direct
- “What is the difference between the debt and the deficit?” – Treasury Direct
- “Introduction to the Federal Budget Process,” CRS Report 98-721 (38-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Congressional Operations Poster, with Federal Budget Process Flowchart
- Federal Budgeting, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
The Federal Budget Process 2E
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™