photo credit: phauly
The common name for the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Act of 1974, which established the current budget process and created the Congressional Budget Office. The act also put limits on presidential authority to refuse to spend appropriated money. Titles I-IX of the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974, as amended (2 U.S.C. §§ 601-661), are commonly referred to as the Congressional Budget Act.
- Budget Process (CongressionalGlossary.com)
- Byrd Rule / Budget Reconciliation Process (CongressionalGlossary.com)
- 2 U.S. Code Chapter 17 – CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFICE, §§ 601-613, LII
- 2 U.S. Code Chapter 17A – CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET AND FISCAL OPERATIONS, §§ 621-665, LII
- 2 U.S. Code Chapter 17B – IMPOUNDMENT CONTROL, §§ 681-691, LII
- “The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 and an FY2019 Budget Resolution,” CRS Report R45157 (34-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom Training
- Congressional Operations Poster, with Federal Budget Process Flowchart
- Federal Budgeting, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
The Federal Budget Process 2E
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™