photo credit: graibeard
As provided for in the Antideficiency Act (31 U.S.C. § 1515) an apportionment by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) indicating the need for supplemental budget authority to permit payment of pay increases to civilian and military employees and military retirees as required by law. In addition, the head of an executive branch agency may request a deficiency apportionment if (1) a new law is enacted requiring unanticipated expenditures beyond administrative control or (2) an emergency arises involving the safety of human life or the protection of property. Approval for requests for such an apportionment does not authorize agencies to exceed available resources within an account.
- Antideficiency Act
- OMB Circular A-11, Part 4, Instructions on Budget Execution, Section 120: Apportionment Process
- “Manual on the Federal Budget Process,” CRS Report 98-720 (200-page PDF)
- Deficiency Appropriation
- Supplemental Appropriation
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Congressional Operations Poster, with Federal Budget Process Flowchart
- Federal Budgeting, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
The Federal Budget Process 2E
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™