Achieving Transparency And Accountability In Federal Spending (Part 1 of 2)
Outflow or other depletion of assets or incurrences of liabilities (or a combination of both) during some period as a result of providing goods, rendering services, or carrying out other activities related to an entity’s programs and missions, the benefits from which do not extend beyond the present operating period.
Funding the Government: The Budget Process and Omnibus Spending Bills [Article I Initiative]
- “House Committee Funding: Process and Historical Appropriations and Authorizations,” CRS Report RL32794 (30-page PDF)
- Monthly Treasury Statement (includes the monthly receipts/outlays and deficit/surplus of the United States).
- “Savings in Mandatory Outlays in Selected Reconciliation Acts,” CRS Report RS22277 (8-page PDF)
- “The Budget Control Act: Frequently Asked Questions,” CRS Report R44874 (21-page PDF)
- “Fiscal Year 2018 National Defense Authorization Act,” CRS Report R45013 (52-page PDF)
Discretionary and mandatory outlays of the US Federal Government
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom Training
- Congressional Operations Poster, with Federal Budget Process Flowchart
- Federal Budgeting, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
The Federal Budget Process 2E
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™