photo credit: eamoncurry123
Cancellation of the availability of budgetary resources previously provided by law before the authority would otherwise lapse. Reductions can be account specific and across-the-board. (See also Rescission; Sequestration.)
- “Will the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction Succeed?” by Sarah A. Binder, August 1, 2011, Brookings
- “Across-the-Board Rescissions in Appropriations Acts: Overview and Recent Practices,” CRS Report R43234 (23-page PDF)
- “Judicial Review of Rescissions and Deferrals Under the Impoundment Control Act,” CRS Legal Sidebar LSB10132 (3-page PDF)
- “Budget Control Act: Potential Impact of Automatic Spending Reduction Procedures on Health Reform Spending,” CRS Report R42051 (26-page PDF)
- “Defense Acquisitions: How and Where DOD Spends Its Contracting Dollars,” CRS Report R44010 (34-page PDF)
- “Fiscal Year 2018 Military Construction Authorizations and Appropriations,” CRS Report R45217 (84-page PDF)
- “Fiscal Year 2018 National Defense Authorization Act,” CRS Report R45013 (52-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Congressional Operations Poster, with Federal Budget Process Flowchart
- Federal Budgeting, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
The Federal Budget Process 2E
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our on-site training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, 874-4, for custom on-site training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™