From the Congressional Glossary – Including Legislative and Budget Terms
Unfilled Customer Orders
photo credit: Sam Beebe / Ecotrust
The dollar amount of orders accepted from other accounts within the government for goods and services to be furnished on a reimbursable basis. In the case of transactions with the public, these orders are amounts advanced or collected for which the account or fund has not yet performed the service or incurred its own obligations for that purpose.
- Reimbursements (CongressionalGlossary.com)
- GAO’s Performance & Accountability Report
- “Fiscal Year 2017 Performance and Accountability Report,” GAO Report GAO-18-2SP
- Treasury Financial Manual, TFM, Volume I, Part 2, Chapter 4200, AGENCY YEAR-END REPORTING ON UNEXPENDED BALANCES OF APPROPRIATION ACCOUNTS
- Department of Defense Financial Management Regulation (DoD FMR), DoD 7000.14-R
- “Agricultural Conservation Issues in the 111th Congress,” CRS Report R40692 (34-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Congressional Operations Poster, with Federal Budget Process Flowchart
- Federal Budgeting, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
The Federal Budget Process 2E
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™