(Susan Boyle – Britains Got Talent 2009 Episode 1 – Saturday 11th April)
Voice Vote: A method of voting in the House or Senate where members who support a question call out “aye” in chorus, after which those opposed answer “no” in unison. The presiding officer decides the result by the audio volume of each response.
- § 6.80, House Floor: Methods of Consideration, § 6.130, House Floor: Voting, § 6.250 Voting in the Senate, in Congressional Deskbook
- Chapter 4.I. Voting; Chapter 5.M. Voting; in Congressional Procedure
- Senate Rule XII. Voting Procedure
- House Rule I. The Speaker
- “Ordering a Rollcall Vote in the Senate,” CRS Report RS20199 (5-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Drafting Effective Federal Legislation and Amendments in a Nutshell, Audio Course on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
Legislative Drafter’s Deskbook: A Practical Guide
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our on-site training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, 874-4, for custom on-site training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™