Intensive 3-day Congressional Operations Briefing and Seminar
Congressional decision-making is driven by politics, policy and process. This engaging workshop and seminar on legislative operations provides the full Capitol Hill experience as our Washington-based experts focus on these 3 P’s. They discuss the policy-making process and the legislative agenda, help you understand the congressional budget process, and demystify the culture of the U.S. Congress.
You will gain a solid understanding of:
- Congressional operations and the legislative process
- How public and foreign policy become law
- Congressional politics and leadership
- Congressional budgeting today
- The role of OMB in the legislative process
- Effective communication with Congress
- How the media covers the Hill
- How Congress affects every federal agency
- Current campaign and election trends
- How members of Congress advance their legislative, public policy and political agendas
- How personal and committee staff work
- How you can build win/win relationships with congressional staff
Attend a congressional hearing and see the process in action.
June 13-15, 2012, 8:30 am – 4 pm all three days.
Where: Location in Washington, DC will be announced on web site before course.
Approved for 1.7 CEUs from George Mason University.
For more information, including agenda and secure online registration, see CongressionalBriefingConference.com
This course and any combination of its topics can be tailored for custom on-site presentation at your location and is available via the GSA Schedule.
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Congressional Dynamics and the Legislative Process
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Understanding Congressional Budgeting and Appropriations
- Advanced Legislative Procedure
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our on-site training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, 874-4, for custom on-site training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™