Office of Personnel Management / Other People’s Money / OPM
The core mission of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM): “serves the public by providing human resource management leadership and high-quality services that protect and strengthen the merit system of government in partnership with other federal agencies and their employees, as well as by operating the federal government’s highly regarded health, insurance, and retirement programs.”
“Back to the Basics: Is OPM Meeting Its Mission?” Panel 1
Other People’s Money
There is nothing so intoxicating as the ability to speculate with other people’s money.
Other People’s Money
See also: Quantitative Easing (QE) Explained; Crony Capitalism / Rent-Seeking / Corporate Welfare / Revolving Door (CongressionalGlossary.com); “Politics is Other People’s Money“; “What’s So Generous about Spending Other People’s Money?“.
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
- Office of Personnel Management – Wikipedia
- Stopping Improper Payments to Deceased Annuitants, OPM (20-page PDF)
- Is OPM Corrupting the Procurement Process? FedSmith, May 4, 2012
- IG report: Federal personnel officials steered contracts to favored company. WaPo
- Tens of millions lost on federal workers who are AWOL, or doing union duties, WTOP, March 27, 2013
- “Senior Executive Service (SES) Pay System,” CRS Report RL33128 (77-page PDF)
- “Federal Personnel: Conversion of Employees from Appointed (Noncareer) Positions to Career Positions in the Executive Branch,” CRS Report RL34706 (19-page PDF)
- “Federal Employees’ Retirement System: Benefits and Financing,” CRS Report 98-810 (25-page PDF)
- “Federal Employees Health Benefits Program: Available Health Insurance Options,” CRS Report RS21974 (30-page PDF)
- Washington booms – thanks to other people’s money
- Detroit Has Run Out of Other People’s Money
- Whose Money Is It, Anyway?
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Congressional Operations Poster, with Federal Budget Process Flowchart
- Federal Budgeting, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
The Federal Budget Process 2E
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our on-site training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, 874-4, for custom on-site training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™