With Chris Davis
This nine-session course gives you a comprehensive look at the organization and practices of the U.S. Congress. Learn about the procedures of the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate from the introduction and referral of legislation to reconciling differences between House-passed and Senate-passed legislation.
- Course 1: Introduction and Referral in the House and Senate
- Course 2: Committee Action
- Course 3: House Floor Procedures
- Course 4: House Rules Committee
- Course 5: The Committee of the Whole
- Course 6: Senate Scheduling
- Course 7: Senate Floor Procedures
- Course 8: Amending Legislation on the Senate Floor
- Course 9: Reconciling Differences Between House-Passed and Senate-Passed Legislation
Available as Audio CD or as online download.
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™