CongressionalGlossary.com or TCNLG.com
Incorporating the glossaries from the Congressional Deskbook and Congressional Procedure
Ella F. and Louis Armstrong – Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off
See also the Legislative Process Flowchart.
If you don’t see the term or phrase you are looking for, contact us at hobnobblog -at- gmail.com or or use our web form (opens in new browser tab or window). The previous version of our Congressional Glossary is no longer updated but is still available on our main web site.
If you don’t see the congressional term or phrase you are looking for, contact us at hobnobblog -at- gmail.com or or use our web form (opens new window).
Glossary Sources: Congressional Deskbook; GAO; Library of Congress; National Archives; OMB; House; Senate; Senate Budget Committee.
We No Speak Americano ft. Cleary & Harding
Images: Creative Commons Search.
Political Cartoons: Clifford K. Berryman Political Cartoon Collection at NARA | Puck cartoons (Google search) | Puck at the Senate | Presidential Campaigns: A Cartoon History, 1789-1976, Indiana University Libraries; | Puck – Senate | Nast – Senate | Political Cartoons in U.S. History, LOC | Prints & Photographs Online Catalog, LOC | Cartoon Drawings, LOC | Cartoon Drawings: Swann Collection of Caricature and Cartoon, LOC | HarpWeek
- Congress by the Numbers
- Congress Seating Charts
- Congressional Fellowships and Internships
- Congressional Leadership and Committees
- Congressional Pay and Perks
- Congressional Schedule
- How a Bill Becomes Law
- How to Contact Congress
- Legislative Process Flowchart
- Pocket Constitution
- Senate Classes: Terms of Service
- Terms and Sessions of Congress
- Visiting Washington, DC
- What’s the deal with….
- For an alphabetized listing of Members of Congress, see our Congressional Directory.
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom Training
- “Preparing and Delivering Congressional Testimony and Oral Presentations” a Five-Course series on CD
- Drafting Effective Federal Legislation and Amendments in a Nutshell, Audio Course on CD
- “Federal Budgeting” a Five-Course series on CD
- “Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series” a Nine-Course series on CD
Legislative Drafter’s Deskbook: A Practical Guide
Testifying Before Congress
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™