Panto in DC - and Malvern, PA
If you want to see a holiday panto this Christmas, we found one in DC and another in Malvern, PA. Let us know if you are aware of others in or near DC.
- "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's production of A Christmas Carol," through December 31, 2006, at the Church Street Theater, 1742 Church Street NW, Washington, DC, near DuPont Circle, 800-494-8497
- "Robin Hood," through December 31, 2006 on the Main Stage at People's Light Theatre Company, 39 Conestoga Road, Malvern, PA, Rt. 401 (between Rts. 30 and 202) Box Office: 610-644-3500
World Cup 2006 - schedule and highlights
Sleight of hand - the glass trick by Cyril Takayama
Japanese magician Cyril Takayama has posted some interesting videos ...
- The glass trick: he passes a coin, and then a salt shaker, through a glass table ...
- Hamburger out of a sign: he pulls a hamburger out of a sign, takes a bite, then puts the hamburger back "into" the sign where the picture then shows a bite missing ...
- Chopsticks and shadows: uses the shadows of his hands to remove a pair of chopsticks from their wrapper and then split the chopsticks ...
MetaFilter has a discussion about the glass trick ...
Musical Perceptions has "some very fundamental rules" of blues music. Our favorites:
1. Most blues begin with: "Woke up this morning..."
. . .
9. You can't have no blues in an office or a shopping mall. The lighting is wrong. Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.
. . .
19. Persons with names like Michelle, Amber, Jennifer, Debbie, and Heather can't sing the blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.
. . .
21. I don't care how tragic your life is: if you own a computer, you cannot sing the blues, period.