For Sale Archives
For Sale: Asus eee PC 1000, 10-Inch Netbook (1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB Solid State Drive, 20 GB Eee Storage, Linux, 6 Cell Battery) Fine Ebony
Under warranty until March 2010. Used once for less than 1 hour in a research class as an initial test of our WiFi Classroom. Due to lack of familiarity and comfort by some students with the Linux interface, we have switched to an XP-based model.
Black case. Has barely visible black number (does not show up in a photograph) on black foam sleeve. Includes 6 cell eee battery, eee sleeve, eee AC adapter, Linux recovery DVD, and will ship in eee PC box. Will ship UPS Ground, no PO Boxes. No sales to VA shipping address without paying VA sales tax (5%).
Specifications (from Amazon)
- Internal memory: 40 GB solid state disk
- RAM: 1 GB DDR2
- Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Atom
- Memory expansion: Slot for MMC/SD(SDHC) cards
- Operating system: Linux
- LCD: 10.2 inches, 1024 x 600 pixels
- Networking: Tri-mode Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n), 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- Peripheral connectivity: Three USB 2.0
- External video: One VGA
- External audio: One headphone and one microphone port
- Webcamera: Yes, 1.3 megapixels
- Battery: 6 cells, up to 8 hours
- Weight: 2.93 pounds (47 ounces)
- Dimensions: 10.5 × 7.5 × 1.5 inches
Product Description (from Amazon)
- Easy to Learn, Work, and Play
- Easy to use with one click interface
- 7.5 hour battery life allows for "One Day Computing"
- Travel light, weighting only 2.94lbs
- Drop tested, Shock-Proof design
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n connectivity
- Save time with fast 15 sec boot time
- Preloaded with over 50 applications including Open Office
- Wide Multi-Touchpad for comfort and convenient
- Glossy black color for elegant look
- Connect with friend with built-in Camera
- ZBD Guaranteed for best quality LCD
- Protect your investment with black foam sleeve case
What's in the Box: ASUS Eee PC 1000, AC adapter, printed operating instructions, Linux recovery DVD.
Buy on Amazon for $357 + shipping and handling (click "Used" or "Best Price"):
SOLD: Gas powered Bike, up to 200 mpg, top speed 27-28 mph. Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit (Subaru 4-stroke), mounted on Charger bike (whizzer)
SOLD: Charger bike with Golden Eagle Gas Bike Kit.
Beat the high price of gas and commute in style and comfort.
- Bike: Charger bike (black comfort model)
- Gas: Golden Eagle Bike Kit, Robin/Subaru 35cc four-stroke gasoline engine, centrifugal clutch, and belt drive (up to 200 mpg, top speed 27-28 mph)
Runs great, very sturdy.
- Has been ridden less than 25 miles - basically new
- 18" unisex Cro-Moly frame size (accommodates riders from 5'-3" to 6'-3")
- Can be ridden as a regular 7-speed bike with no power assist, just release the clutch on the gas engine (a simple lever with a knob on the side of the gas engine), and turn engine off.
- Tires are Kenda 26 x 2.10 (40-65 pounds psi) Nylon-Kevlar tires on double wall aluminum Weinmann Zack-16 rims
- Fenders with mud flaps
- Front reflector, rear flashing LED
- Bike weighs 56 pounds without battery box
- Battery box weighs 23 pounds
- Bike is very sturdy
- First 10 miles were ridden human/electric, last 15 miles human/gas (without the battery box on the bike)
- Ready to ride pedaling or gas (electric needs adjustment of sensor on rear wheel)
- The gas engine is separate from and does not power the electric motor (the electric motor has not been used since installing the Golden Eagle Bike Gas Kit at about 10 miles).
- No regenerative braking
- More details below
SOLD (the Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit sells for $629 by itself, the Charger sells for $775). Email to hobnobblog -at- gmail.com
Left side without battery - Golden Eagle kit is mounted on back
Left side with battery on bike
Right side with battery on bike
Right side without battery
Left handlebar: rear brake lever and gas engine accelerator
35cc 4-stroke engine attached to wheel with drive belt (clutch is in the black enclosure on side of engine)
Right handlebar: front brake lever, shifter, and kill switch
Battery pack on ground next to bike
Battery pack with on-board charger
This is a Charger electric bike (color: black) that has the Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit added. (We're selling this as we got a Piaggio MP3 scooter.)
We're not particularly mechanically inclined anymore and we never got the electric part of the bike working at top speed because we could not keep the wheel sensor properly aligned. We could get it up to about 17 mph on flat streets using electric and human pedaling only (properly aligned it should have done 20 mph). With the gas engine, the bike does get up to almost 30 mph on flat streets.
Have not used the electric since putting on the gas engine. Battery does not need to be on bike to operate as a bike or with the Robin/Subaru gas engine. We left all electrical components on the bike but you can take them off and will not effect rideability.
Bike can be ridden as
- Regular 7-speed bike
- Gas bike getting up to 200 mpg at 27-28 mph
- Electric bike if you adjust sensors and put snap-on battery on bike
For more information:
- Charger bike (this is the black comfort model)
- Golden Eagle Gas Bike kit with 350R/S 35cc Robin/Subaru 4-Stroke Engine
- Electric bike
This is a sturdy bike.
Charger Electric Bike
- Four power levels of assist
- Recharges on regular 110 volt power
- Electrically-assisted (stop pedaling, and the assist stops immediately)
- 2-chain drive system to ensure positive drive in all conditions
- 24-volt drive system
- On-board charging system (Smart 115 VAC to 24 VDC battery charger, 4 to 6 hr. charge.1st hr. to 80% capacity.)
- Battery-and-electronics pack is completely removable
- 20 miles per charge, 4 hour charge time
- Membrane key-pad: state of charge indicator, PIN power-up code, 4 level assist selector
- DC permanent magnet motor runs through pedal gearing for higher efficiency and power
- 0.5 Horse Power motor (sustained rating), peaks at 36 Amps (864 Watts)
- 7 speeds: Shimano Nexus 7 Speed Internal Gear Hub, with high power roller brake, Revo speed selector
- Dual purpose Nylon-Kevlar tires on double wall aluminum Weinmann Zack-16 rims
- 18" unisex frame size (accommodates riders from 5'-3" to 6'-3")
- Cro-Moly frame: stronger and more flexible than aluminum, yet just as light
Eagle Bike Engine Kit
A. Drive Ring B. Belt C. Lower Mount Strap D. Safety Cover E. Front Mount Strap F. Engine w/mount bracket & drive assembly G. Trigger Throttle, cable attached H. Kill Button, wire attached I. Oil - for 2-strokes only J. 4in1 Ring/Spoke/Gear Key K. Nuts, bolts, washers, Clutch Knob & Zip-Ties
Equipped with Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit, "the first and only geared belt drive bicycle assist engine on the market."
EHO35 35cc Robin/Subaru Mini-4 4-Stroke gasoline engine ($629 new). Includes Trail Gear ($25)
- 4-Stroke Robin Subaru engine, 35cc (highest quality and most reliable gas engine available)
- Belt Driven, with clutch
- Advanced Micro 4-Cycle OHV Design
- Because this is a 4-stroke engine, you do NOT mix oil
- Brand new, only driven a few times
- Up to 200 miles per gallon
- Top speed of 27-28 miles per hour
- Easy Starting: The Micro 4-cycle OHV design combined with an automatic decompression system provides an easy pull and reliable starting.
- Smooth Running: The unique lubrication system with a separate oil chamber ensures a smooth running engine
- Light and Compact: Introduced as the lightest and most compact 4-cycle engine its class. Robin SUBARU advanced technology pioneers compact engine design.
- Powerful and Responsive : The Micro 4-cycle OHV design delivers high torque and horsepower. Smooth throttle response and wide RPM range produces low end torque at Low rpm's.
- Clean and Fuel Efficient: The advanced Micro 4-cycle OHV design provides low emissions and high efficiency to meet both EPA phase2 and CARB tier II emission regulations.
- Quiet, Low Vibration: The Micro 4-cycle OHV design delivers smooth power with greatly reduced noise and lower tone. The well balanced design reduces vibration.
- "Golden Eagle Bike Engine: 250 mpg bicycle assist motor," Cool Tools, August 28, 2006
- "A bike, an engine and a man who doesn't have to pedal," by Jason Schreiber, New Hampshire Union Leader, May 30, 2008
- "Less than one dollar to fill his tank," by Jeanne Visser, Sioux County Index-Reporter, May 21, 2008
- "Geekfuelery: Saving Gas Update," January 22, 2008
- "Charger Electric Bike: Product Review," by Jay L., Associated Content, April 17, 2007
- "Bike built for mileage," by John Miller, The Nashville News, June 9, 2006
- "The 175 Watt Solution," by Forbes Bagatelle-Black, EV World, October 10, 2006
- "How To Install A Motor On A Bike," Popular Science, March 2004
- "Golden Eagle cyclemotor," by Frank Auton, The Moped Archive, February 2004
- Motorbicycling.com - Motorized Bicycle Forum
- MotoredBikes.com - "The internet's largest motorized bicycle forum."
- Motorized bicycle - from Wikipedia
- "Electric Bikes," Hobnob Blog, September 9, 2007
- Whizzer Motorbikes
- Golden Eagle Bike Engine Motor For Bicycle - blog
Bianchi Milano Cafe Racer, 7 speed town bike - SOLD
We're selling a Bianchi Milano cafe racer in celeste green color - SOLD.
This bike is the ultimate cruiser and commuter. It's light, switches gears like a charm and feels good to ride.
26 inch tires, 7 speed Shimano Nexus internal hub. Built in rear flashing light in seat. Fenders, kick stand, rear rack, bell, small seat bag.
The size of the bike is 18.5, which means the seat height and handlebar angle can be adjusted for a comfortable fit for people between approximately 5'8" and 6'3" depending on inseam. The top of the top tube is just a bit over 30" above the ground, and the specs list standover height as 31 inches. (See "How to Fit a Bicycle," by Peter White and "How to Fit Your Custom Bicycle" from Colorado Cyclist). Frame geometry for this 18.5 bike is available on the Bianchi site here (note that standover height is 31 inches, not 31 mm). See this diagram for frame dimensions.
A darn good looking bike, it's also super low maintenance and very cool for around town riding.
Ridden less than 100 miles. Always stored inside.
This has the enclosed Shimano Nexus 7 speed hub, which can be shifted when stopped - no dérailleurs.
This beautiful bike is in mint condition.
Located in Alexandria, VA, in the Del Ray area. Cash only, bring driver's license if you want to test ride.
If you have questions or would like to see it, please email hobnobblog -at- gmail.com
Type 7-speed Bianchi Milano Cafe Racer
26 inch tires
Color: Celeste (Bianchi green)
Frame 7005 aluminum alloy, curved top tube, single bottle mounts, rack eyelets
Fork Bianchi CrMo, 1-1/8" threadless
Headset VP, 1-1/8" threadless
Bottom Bracket Cartridge, 116 mm
Handlebars Arc, alloy
Stem Kalloy alloy, 25¼ rise
Crankset Cyclone, 44T
Chain KMC BMX
Wheels Bianchi alloy front, Shimano Nexus 7 rear hubs; Mavic X139 N 36h rims
Tires Kenda Kwest, 26x1.5
Front Derailleur n/a
Rear Derailleur n/a
Shift Levers Shimano Nexus, 7-spd
Casssette Shimano Nexus, 18T sprocket
Brakes/Levers Shimano C-Series V-brake front, Nexus internal hub rear / Shimano Nexave
Pedals Wellgo, resin body with anti-slip surface
Saddle Velo Flash leather w/ LED light
Seatpost Kalloy, 27.2 mm
Grips/Other Leather grips; CPSC reflectors; fenders;
Fenders; kick stand; chain guard; rear rack; leather grips; seat bag; pump; bell