Telecommuting and Federal Agencies Archives
Telecommuting and Federal Agencies
One of the biggest advocates for telecommuting intends to keep the pressure on federal agencies next year.
Rep. Frank R. Wolf (R-Va.), chairman of a House Appropriations subcommittee, has included a provision in a spending bill to require certain agencies to prove that more of their employees are telecommuting or risk losing $5 million.
. . .
The [House Government Reform Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce and Agency Organization] estimates that the federal workforce uses 31.1 million gallons of gasoline each week, and Porter is interested in looking at ways to get workers out of their cars.
"Wolf Again Putting Pressure on Agencies to Increase Telecommuting," by Stephen Barr, The Washington Post, November 16, 2005
"Agencies Required To Prove Increase In Telecommuters Or Risk Losing Funding," Press Release from Office of Frank Wolf (R-VA), November 9, 2005
- "Mitigating the Impact of High Gas Prices on the American Workforce," hearing by the Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce and Agency Organization, November 16, 2005
- Interagency Telework Page - from OPM and GSA
- "Federal telework programs slow to catch on, despite agency efforts," by Tanya N. Ballard, GovExec.com, October 6, 2005
- "Telework push fueled by Hurricane Katrina," by Danielle Belopotosky, National Journal's Technology Daily, September 6, 2005
- "Telework stuck in the slow lane: Few managers approve, but those who try it like it," by Tichakorn Hill, Federal Times, August 8, 2005
- "Telework in the Federal Government," The Future of Work Weblog, August 3, 2005
- "Making Telework a Federal Priority," Cyber Security Industry Alliance (CSIA), July 2005 (12-page pdf)
- "Survey: U.S. federal workers lack telecommuting choices," by Grant Gross, IDG News Service, February 3, 2005
- GAO Reports
- "GAO-05-1055R Agency Telework Methodologies: Departments of Commerce, Justice, State, the Small Business Administration, and the Securities and Exchange Commission," September 27, 2005 (41-page pdf)
- "GAO-04-950T Human Capital: Key Practices to Increasing Federal Telework," Testimony before the Committee on Government Reform, (13-page pdf)
- State Statutes Pertaining to State Employee Telecommuting - from NCSL
- State Statutes Citing Telecommuting - from the University of South Florida
November 18, 2005 12:55 PM Agencies