Intensive 3-day congressional operations workshop
Congressional decision-making is driven by politics, policy and process. In this engaging workshop, Washington-based experts discuss these 3 P’s and help you understand the complete policy-making process.
You’ll get a solid understanding of:
- Congressional operations and the legislative process
- How public and foreign policy become law
- Congressional politics and leadership
- Congressional budgeting today
- The role of OMB in the legislative process
- Effective communication with Congress
- How the media covers the Hill
- Current campaign and election trends
- How members of Congress advance their legislative, public policy and political agendas
- How personal and committee staff work
- How you can build win/win relationships with staffers
Attend a congressional hearing and see the process in action.
June 9-11, 2010, 8:30 am – 4 pm all three days.
Approved for 1.7 CEUs from George Mason University.
Where: In Washington, DC
This is a required course for the Certificate in Congressional Operations and for the Certificate in Communication and Advocacy.
For more information, including agenda and secure online registration, see CapitolHillWorkshop.com