Impeach / Impeachment
Senate deliberations during impeachment trials may be held in secret session.
- Article. I. Section. 2.
- Article. I. Section. 3.
- Research Guide on Impeachment – Library of Congress
- Impeachment, United States – Wikipedia
- “Impeachment and Removal,” CRS Report R44260 (32-page PDF)
- “Impeachment: An Overview of Constitutional Provisions, Procedure, and Practice,” CRS Report 98-186 (40-page PDF)
- “Compendium of Precedents Involving Evidentiary Rulings and Applications of Evidentiary Principles from Selected Impeachment Trials,” CRS Report 89-413 (65-page PDF)
- “The Intersection Between the Former Presidents Act and the Impeachment Process,” CRS Report 98-524 (4-page PDF)
- “Secret Sessions of Congress: A Brief Historical Overview,” CRS Report RS20145 (10-page PDF)
- “Congressional Oversight,” CRS Report 97-936 (11-page PDF)
- “Censure of the President by the Congress,” CRS Report 98-843 (19-page PDF)
- “The Chief Justice of the United States: Responsibilities of the Office and Process for Appointment,” CRS Report RL32821 (55-page PDF)
- “The Role of the Senate in Judicial Impeachment Proceedings: Procedure, Practice, and Data,” CRS Report R41172 (36-page PDF)
- “The Role of the House of Representatives in Judicial Impeachment Proceedings: Procedure, Practice, and Data,” CRS Report R41110 (30-page PDF)
- “An Overview of the Impeachment Process,” CRS Report 98-806 (8-page PDF)
- “Compendium of Precedents Involving Evidentiary Rulings and Applications of Evidentiary Principles from Selected Impeachment Trials,” CRS Report RL30042 (80-page PDF)
- “Standard of Proof in Senate Impeachment Proceedings,” CRS Report 98-990 (8-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Preparing and Delivering Congressional Testimony and Oral Presentations, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
Testifying Before Congress
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our on-site training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, 874-4, for custom on-site training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™