Understanding The 113th Congress
Our experienced faculty provide an overview of the new Congress and explore how major issues are likely to fare in the first session of the new Congress.
We will discuss:
- What Happened, Why and What Does It Mean for the Political Landscape?
- The New Lineup in the 113th Congress
- Budget Process, the Fiscal Cliff, and Budget Issues in the 113th Congress
- Changing Priorities: Issues to Watch in 2013
- Domestic, National Security, and Defense Policy Challenges
When: January 29, 2013, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Goethe-Institut, 812 Seventh Street NW, Washington, DC (Gallery Place / Chinatown Metro stop). Details on course web page.
For more information, including agenda and secure online registration, see NewCongress.com
This course and any combination of its topics can be tailored for custom on-site presentation at your location and is available via the GSA Schedule.
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Congressional Dynamics and the Legislative Process
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Understanding Congressional Budgeting and Appropriations
- Advanced Legislative Procedure
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our on-site training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, 874-4, for custom on-site training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™