Monthly Treasury Statement (MTS)
photo credit: Daquella manera
A summary statement prepared from agency accounting reports and issued by the Department of the Treasury (Treasury). The MTS presents the receipts, outlays, resulting budget surplus or deficit, and federal debt for the month and the fiscal year to date and a comparison of those figures to those of the same period in the previous year. Treasury also issues the Daily Treasury Statement (DTS), which is published every working day of the federal government. It provides data on Treasury’s cash and debt operations.
- Federal Debt (CongressionalGlossary.com)
- Budget Deficit / Budget Surplus (CongressionalGlossary.com)
- Public Debt / Debt Ceiling / Debt Limit (CongressionalGlossary.com)
- Rescission (CongressionalGlossary.com)
- Current Monthly Treasury Statement
- Daily Treasury Statement
- Financial Management Service – Bureau of the Fiscal Service
- Overview of the Federal Debt, CRS Report R41815 (32-page PDF)
- “‘Extraordinary Measures’ and the Debt Limit,” CRS Report IN10837 (6-page PDF)
- “How Treasury Issues Debt,” CRS Report R40767 (27-page PDF)
- “Rescission Actions Since 1974: Review and Assessment of the Record,” CRS Report RL33869 (34-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Congressional Operations Poster, with Federal Budget Process Flowchart
- Federal Budgeting, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
The Federal Budget Process 2E
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™