Advanced Legislative Strategies
Floor and Conference Action.
This advanced three-day course builds on the skills of those who have an understanding of the legislative process. Participants receive an in-depth examination of House and Senate operations and learn points of influence in the legislative process where they can impact and shape legislation, allowing your organization to enhance its ability to work with Congress.
- Identify new opportunities for legislative education and influence
- Learn how key legislative decisions are made during markups
- Discover when and how legislation is considered on either floor
- Learn how to engage key stakeholders
- Anticipate whether a bill will go to conference
- Learn what is really going in behind closed doors on the Hill
- How the two chambers reach agreements
- Examine the different types, forms and degrees of amendments
When: August 8-10, 2012, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm all three days
Where: DC Bar Conference Center, 1101 K Street NW, Suite 200 (12th and K Streets NW), Washington, DC (McPherson Square station) (details and maps on course site)
Approved for 1.6 CEUs from George Mason University.
For more information, including agenda and secure online registration, see AdvancedLegislativeStrategies.com
This course and any combination of its topics can be tailored for custom on-site presentation at your location and is available via the GSA Schedule.
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™