Administrative Division or Subdivision of Funds
Administrative Division or Subdivision of Funds: any apportionment or other distribution of an appropriation or fund made pursuant to the Antideficiency Act (31 U.S.C. §§ 1511-1519). The appropriation may be divided or subdivided administratively within the limits of the apportionment (31 U.S.C. § 1513(d)). The expenditure or obligation of the divided or subdivided appropriation or fund may not exceed the apportionment (31 U.S.C. § 1517(a)).
Anti Deficiency Act
- “Wash, Rinse, and Equal Treatment,” from the House History blog
- Antideficiency Act, GAO
- “Federal Funding Gaps: A Brief Overview,” CRS Report RS20348 (13-page PDF)
- “The Executive Budget Process: An Overview,” CRS Report R42633 (20-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom, On-Site Training
- Congressional Operations Poster, with Federal Budget Process Flowchart
- Federal Budgeting, a Five-Course series on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
The Federal Budget Process 2E
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™