Each party policy committee provides research and other services to members of Congress and also serves as a forum for discussion of party legislative strategy.
- House Democrats
- House Republican Policy Committee
- Senate Democratic Policy and Communication Committee
- Senate Republican Policy Committee
- Steering and Policy Committees of the United States House of Representatives – Wikipedia
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee – Wikipedia
- Republican Policy Committee Chairman of the United States Senate – Wikipedia
- “Senate Policy Committees,” CRS Report RL32015 (16-page PDF)
- “Committee Types and Roles,” CRS Report 98-241 (6-page PDF)
- “Committee Assignment Process in the U.S. Senate: Democratic and Republican Party Procedures,” CRS Report RL30743 (19-page PDF)
- “Rules Governing Senate Committee and Subcommittee Assignment Procedures,” CRS Report R46806 (23-page PDF)
- “Party Leaders in the United States Congress, 1789-2017,” CRS Report RL30567 (43-page PDF)
- “Congress’s Early Organization Meetings,” CRS Report RS21339 (6-page PDF)
- Congressional Operations Briefing – Capitol Hill Workshop
- Drafting Federal Legislation and Amendments
- Writing for Government and Business: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Custom Training
- Drafting Effective Federal Legislation and Amendments in a Nutshell, Audio Course on CD
- Congress, the Legislative Process, and the Fundamentals of Lawmaking Series, a Nine-Course series on CD
Legislative Drafter’s Deskbook: A Practical Guide
Citizen’s Handbook to Influencing Elected Officials: A Guide for Citizen Lobbyists and Grassroots Advocates
CongressionalGlossary.com, from TheCapitol.Net
For more than 40 years, TheCapitol.Net and its predecessor, Congressional Quarterly Executive Conferences, have been teaching professionals from government, military, business, and NGOs about the dynamics and operations of the legislative and executive branches and how to work with them.
Our custom on-site and online training, publications, and audio courses include congressional operations, legislative and budget process, communication and advocacy, media and public relations, testifying before Congress, research skills, legislative drafting, critical thinking and writing, and more.
TheCapitol.Net is on the GSA Schedule, MAS, for custom on-site and online training. GSA Contract GS02F0192X
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan small business.
Teaching how Washington and Congress work ™